Colonia, Yap. December 9, 2015. The FSM Congressional Committee on Resources and Development will be conducting a Public Hearing in the State of Yap on Monday, December 14, 2015 at 9:00 AM at the Yap State Legislative Chamber.
The purpose of the Public Hearing is to discuss the following measures assigned to the Committee on Resources and Development:
- Congressional Bill No. 19-74: To create a new subtitle II of title 24 of the Code of the Federated States of Micronesia, as amended, to establish the National Seabed Resources Authority of the Federated States of Micronesia, provide for the powers, duties, and responsibilities of the Authority, set out the standards of sustainable management of seabed resources, require the promulgation of regulation governing permits and licenses relevant to marine scientific research, prospecting, exploration and mining activities, prescribe the penalty for violation of this Act, and for other purposes.
- Congressional Resolution No. 19-29:To ratify the Treaty between the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau concerning the establishment of the Micronesian Trade and Economic Community and the Protocol on the Conference Structure, Secretariat, and Financial Matters of the MTEC, signed on behalf of the three State Parties on September 30, 2014.
- Congressional Resolution No. 19-122 : Adopting the National Tourism Policy and Tourism Investment Plans of the Federated States of Micronesia.
Other matters from individual Members of the visiting Congressional delegation who serve on the Committee on Health and Social Affairs and the Committee on Education will also be discussed if the allotted time allows. Such other matters should include:
- Public Law No. 18-25: To further amend sections 303 and 306 of title 55 of the Code of the Federated States of Micronesia, as enacted by Public Laws Nos. 13-72 and amended by Public Law No. 13-93 and 18-12, to clarify the division formula for Compact funds, and for other purposes.
- Congressional Bill No. 19-03: To amend title 40 of the Code of the Federated States of Micronesia, as amended, (Annotated), as authorized by Public Law No. 18-86, by creating a new sub-chapter VIII under chapter 3, to establish a national scholarship board, and for other purposes.
The Yap Congressional Delegation will join the visiting Congressional delegation, which will include Vice Speaker Berney Martin, Senator Alik L. Alik, Senator Victor Gouland, Senator Robson Romolow, and Staff Attorney Alik Jackson. Representatives of the FSM Executive Branch familiar with the discussion topics are also expected to be part of the Public Hearing.
The above listed measures may be accessed on the FSM Congress website at www.fsmcongress.fm.
For more information on this Public Hearing please contact the Yap Congressional Delegation Office.